On display were two models of MiFi: the unit on left is EVDO, the right is GSM/HSPA.
The unit we connected to was operational on Verizon's EVDO network and had working web admin, but but there wasn't any of the linux app capabilities that would justify the "intelligent" part of its name.
Senior product manager Ted gave up some interesting details:
- wifi g range of about 30ft
- allows for 1 to 5 users
- 4hr battery runtime, 40hr standby
- standard mini-usb port for charging battery
- novaspeed capable
- internal dual-band diversity antenna
- no external antenna jack
- allows for manual/usb tether to single computer
- hspa model likely to come out first, overseas
- hspa model has microsd slot that is available to all attached computers
- one model per carrier, embedded module is not user swappable and a mifi for one carrier, cannot become a mifi for another
Check out the MiFi discussion on EVDOforums.com