Cradlepoint VRRP (Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol) is now available on the AER 2100, ARC MBR1400/MBR1400 and COR IBR600/650 series routers. This feature is an add-on option available with an ECM/EEL software license for your equipment. After you’ve purchased the add-on feature you’ll be able to take advantage of the new protocol. VRRP is incredibly useful if your deployment is in a mission critical setting such as a hospital or bank where you can’t afford to have your network go down at all.
VRRP technology works by creating an inline router cloned with the settings of your primary Cradlepoint unit. This creates a master unit and a slave unit so if the master faults the slave unit then becomes the master unit. This allows you to continue with business as usual and not worry about getting a warranty replacement for equipment. So, if you can’t afford for your business to be without Internet VRRP ensures that in the event of a hardware fault you’ve got equipment in place that requires zero user intervention to get the network back up and running.
- Order Cradlepoint AER2100
- Cradlepoint AER2100 Review
- Order Cradlepoint ARC MBR1400
- Order Cradlepoint IBR600
- Order Cradlepoint IBR650
- Large Cradlepoint Deployment? Request a volume quote
- View all Cradlepoint Routers
- YouTube: Unboxing the Cradlepoint AER 2100
- YouTube: Cradlepoint AER 2100 GUI Overview
- YouTube: Installing the AER 2100 Embedded Modem
- EVDO Forums: Discuss the Cradlepoint AER 2100