How is it that Verizon is doing this? They’re working with several large companies, such as Amazon, Apple, Boingo Wireless, Condé Nast, Gogo Technologies, JetBlue, and Pandora.
Here's a list of what you can get on Nov. 26th*:
- Download the free FiOS Preview app and get mobile access to popular movies and TV shows (compliments of Verizon FiOS)
- A Selection of 10 free/discounted apps, plus two free Audible book downloads (new members) or $10 Audible credit (current members) from Amazon.
- A special iTunes offer from Apple - this won’t be revealed until Nov. 26
- Free Digital Edition downloads of 17 Condé Nast Publications, including Wired, Vanity Fair and GQ.
- 30-minute complimentary Internet sessions through Boingo Wireless (at airports) and Gogo Technologies (in-flight).
- Free in-flight Fly-Fi (Wi-Fi) on JetBlue flights between Nov. 26 and Dec. 24.
- A free seven-day trial of Pandora One.
Of course, not all the deals are for everyone. Verizon customers who sign up will get an extra 1GB of sharable data immediately applied to your account, plus another 1GB on your next billing cycle.
Ken Dixon, who is the Vice President of Marketing for Verizon Wireless, made the following comments about these offers, "As we approach the holiday season, we wanted to show how much we appreciate our customers. We hope that not only our customers, but everyone, will take advantage of this day — a day to connect with family and friends, to learn something new about their device, or just to provide a little more entertainment during what can often be a hectic kick off to the holiday season."